By: Christine Crosby
“Every soul sings the song of love. You were created for this feeling, which neither begins nor ends but simply is. Love shows no partiality and is its own reward. It can’t be possessed, nor does it possess. It withholds nothing, and with it, there’s no limit. Anything other than this is illusion. To understand true love is to embrace all.”
John F. Demartini
Showing your love goes far beyond words alone. Yes the words do mean something and are always nice to hear so don’t be stingy with those precious words. Tell those you love that you love them every chance you get. However, actions display love in ways that words cannot.
- Trust one another and be vulnerable.
- Find out what’s special forthe other person and do it. Do things foreach other without being asked.
- Prepare and enjoy healthy food together. Engage in healthy activities together like yoga, running, walking, swimming, etc.
- Share dreams and history with each other.
- Make sure the other person feels important. Listen carefully and look them in the eyes.
- Leave a sweet cardornote in their sock drawer, book bag, refrigerator, purse, jacketorany other spot they will easily find it.
- Be goofy together. Do silly things that make you laugh and feel care-free.
- Show your respect, be considerate and polite.
- Smile at each other and hug often
- Find time to “just be together” without having a big agenda.