We are the National Committee of Grandparents for Children’s Rights
Our vision is all children having healthy and stable relationships with their grandparents.
Mission: The National Committee of Grandparents for Children’s Rights is a nationwide network of grandparents and community leaders working together to provide education, advocacy and thought leadership for children, grandparents and kinship families.
• All children should be safe and healthy.
• All children deserve healthy relationships between themselves and their families, including grandparents, parents and other relatives.
• All children deserve family stability, which is best achieved by keeping children in the homes of grandparents, relatives and family friends when parents are unable or unwilling to perform their parental duties.
Our programs include
• Nationwide and state-specific advocacy efforts that bring together grandparents, caregivers and stakeholders in order to work for changes in laws and policies affecting children and kinship caregivers.
• Education via our warm-line, website and mentoring programs, and via publications and events that empower grandparents and relatives to care for children.
• Thought leadership: by holding national and state summits that make recommendations for improvements in laws and policies and by advising caregivers, agencies and the kinship community on emerging issues and best practices.
We invite you to sign up for our complimentary NCGCR eNewsletter on our homepage. Thank you!