- Construction paper (any color) and/or white paper plate.
- Construction paper: Take a vertical sheet of construction paper and fold it in half, from top to bottom. Fold in half again, from right to left. Take the bottom, left-hand corner and fold up, so that the bottom straight edge lines up with the right-hand straight edge. Trim off the top in a semi-circle, leaving a flat cone shape.
- Paper plate: Fold in half. Fold in half again. Fold along the diagonal, making a flat cone shape.
- Use scissors to cut geometric shapes out of straight edges of flat cone shape.
- Carefully unfold to reveal snowflake design.
- Use glue to make swirly patterns on top of snowflake.
- Shake glitter on top of glue.
- Let dry.
- Shake of excess glitter onto scrap paper.
- Glue finished snowflake onto sheet of construction paper (optional).