- Patterned paper or construction paper.
- Googly eyes.
- Tape or glue.
- Pipe cleaners.
- Cut out two large paper hearts.
- Cut out two smaller hearts from paper with a different pattern or color.
- Cut out bug body with heart-shaped head from another paper color or pattern.
- Use tape or glue to affix smaller hearts to larger hearts to make “wings.”
- Affix wings to body.
- Tape or glue googly eyes onto butterfly’s heart-shaped head.
- Twist pipe cleaners into curly antennae, and tape or glue to back of bug’s head.
- Use marker to add any embellishments and write your Valentine’s Day message.
- Place somewhere fun for your valentine to find!