Our top 10 Sexiest GRANDparents Awards finalist:
Besides Dr. Phil McGraw, our winner for 2010, these are the celebrity grands our readers and editors think are hot, hot, hot. Whether it’s for their looks, their personality or that mysterious X-factor, these celebrities got our votes:
- · jimcarry.com
- · “Jackson Riley Santana, My Grandson, Born today! This is what 7lbs.11oz. of California dynomite looks like!” [people.com, 2/27/10]
- · Why he’s sexy: He’s brilliantly funny, he’s fearless, he’s Canadian!
- · brucejenner.com
- · “I always wanted to be sexy at something. I just didn’t think it would be ‘Grandpa.’”
- · Why he’s sexy: Muscles, muscles, muscles (and good hair).
- Fan Web site: harrisonfordweb.com
- On continuing to act: “There’s no barrier to age, as long as you can walk and talk there’s probably a utility for you somewhere and that seemed interesting to me.” [The Sun, 3/24/09]
- Why he’s sexy: He’s a pilot (flies kids for Young Eagles) and passionate environmentalist, and then there’s that fedora….
- “Being a grandparent is totally different from being a parent. I think the greatest difference is that it comes along at that part of your life when you appreciate how precious it is in a way you didn’t before….” [GRAND Magazine, Nov/Dec 2007]
- Why she’s sexy: Classic beauty, good golfer, and you never forget a Charlie’s Angel.
- “I’ve never really needed to [work out]. I’m always on the go, rushing around doing something. I’ve spent my whole life singing, dancing, touring, recording. I don’t know where I get this energy from. I guess I was born like it.” [Evening Gazette, 3/5/05]
- Why she’s sexy: That voice, that energy, those legs!
- “‘I love the business…every aspect of the business,’ Rivers says, referring to show business and the limelight. ‘And a live audience, there is nothing – that’s in big, bold caps – nothing like it….’ [and] ‘I adore him,’ she says about [grandson] Cooper. ‘You can spoil (grandkids) rotten, and you don’t have to worry about the rules.’” [Pittsburgh Tribune Review, 6/19/09]
- Why she’s sexy: She’s got style, she’s got chutzpah, and she’s a hoot.
- [On staying so youthful and vibrant] “Really, I think it all comes from love. Loving yourself, loving your life and who you have in it. I really love people. I love life. I wake up every morning, and it’s like a rebirth….” [Good Housekeeping, 12/03]
- Why she’s sexy: She’s bubbly and blonde, and she refers to herself as “GlamMa.”
- “‘You know, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed,’ she said. ‘But I had a burnin’ desire and passion. The American dream is still very much alive, but there’s one little hitch. You gotta work like a dog.’” [Boston Herald, 8/26/09]
- Why she’s sexy: Her Georgia-peach complexion, her down-home humor and…butter!
- “At 60, I feel great as a father…I look over at my kids and see them taking responsibility for their lives and growing…. And now Nicole has hit me with another word, ‘Grandpa,’ which is fantastic. Being a grandfather makes you sound just like your mom and dad.” [Jet, 5/18/09]
- Why he’s sexy: Dreamy looks, steamy music, and activist for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (his grandmother survived the disease).
- “I’ve seen way too many people in show business destroy their personal lives – their marriage, their children – because they get so wrapped up in their careers. And that’s something I have to balance out all the time.” [uk.reuters.com, 3/4/08]
- Why he’s sexy: He’s nice to the core, he’s gorgeous on the dance floor and “Puppy Love” never really goes away.
What makes a grand sexy?
Here are a few things we encouraged our readers and editors to look for when making their choice:
- liowerful lieolile:Wielding influence is definitely sexy.
- Confident beauties:Sexy lieolile have an outer beauty that brings a smile to their faces and to all who come in contact with them
- Cultural icons:These are strong individuals who slioke to a generation growing uli during the turbulent ’60s and ’70s and they still hold sway in our hearts
- lieolile with liassion:Nothing is as sexy as someone selflessly devoted to causes
- Unique and ageless:Being true to one’s true nature is courageous
- liersonality-lilus lieolile:These lieolile lift our hearts and that can be very sexy.
- The X-factor of charisma:Either you have it or you don’t.