If you’ve not ever heard of the Fathers & Families Coalition of America, it’s time you did! They are having a fabulous event in February in Las Vegas. Mark your calendar to be there! For more information click here: http://fathersandfamiliescoalition.org/15th-annual-conference-schedule-at-a-glance-2014
”When We Make Things Better For Fathers – Then We Make Things Better For Families.”
FATHERS & FAMILIES COALITION OF AMERICA, INC. is a national professional development and membership nonprofit group. (FFCA) focuses on the promotion of responsible fatherhood and healthy relationships. Working with state and local affiliated chapters, memberships, and other stakeholders, the organization provides leadership to promote and implement professional development and program development efforts at both the national and local levels.
FFCA assist its member base in determining Best and Promising Practices that are culturally appropriate for promoting responsible fatherhood and building healthy relationships. All FFCA Affiliates are entitled to one staff member being trained and credentialed in the FFCA National Fatherhood Practitioner & Healthy Relationship Educator Certificate sanctioned by National Association of Social Workers.
FFCA AFFILIATE BENEFITS:
- Access to Technical Assistance
- Program Evaluation
- Access to some of the nation’s top researchers beyond social work but the pathology of why & what needs of targeted populations
- Coalition building between networks of professionals around the country that is unique by bringing in expertise from a multiplicity of professions
- Families.National Program Assessment Tool to guide organizational capacity and improve program outcomes.
- Advanced Professional Development: National Certification, National Conference, and Regional Institutes.
- Public Policy: Briefings, Leadership on Town Halls, Leadership on Capitol Hill, Policy Briefings, and the ability to access and receive federal initiatives and special briefings by FFCA Affiliates.
- Creating a National Hub of Resources & Information.
- Access to a Mobile & Virtual Platform
With the help of affiliated chapters, consultants, colleagues and concerned individuals like the organization is reconnecting fathers to children, strengthening families and building stronger communities nationwide. The organization’s multiple local programs, foster awareness that both mothers and fathers provide critical contributions to the development of children.
FFCA has an expanded affiliate base to garner a broader network of members capable of servicing the needs of families in various communities across the nation. The goal is to galvanize the group through a multi-level membership status, and to provide ongoing executive training, development, and support in conjunction with the level of membership participation.
To learn more about Fathers & Families Coalition of America, click here: http://fathersandfamiliescoalition.org/about-us
Mr. James Rodriguez, M.S.W, Ph. D. Candidate, CEO/President of Fathers & Families Coalition of America, Inc., a premiere professional development and membership non-profit providing services throughout Arizona since 1994 and nationally since 1999. James spearheads day-to-day operations in the support of national capacity building services for health & human services providers for fragile families. He has organized and coordinated multiple simultaneous programs and projects to maximize efficiency and support the community expanding operations to include 13 affiliates and a membership base of over 290 colleagues nationally.