A holiday where you show people that you love them by cutting, gluing and painting with patterned paper and glitter? Sounds like it was made for crafters! Just in case you need a bit of inspiration, Grandmother Hen has a week’s worth of simple, precious valentines ideas to share with you . . . starting with this one!
- Acrylic paint. Red and green.
- Construction paper.
- Tape or glue.
- Use a paintbrush to cover your bird’s hands with red paint.
- Lie out a flat piece of white paper.
- Carefully assist in making two handprints (fingers close together) near the middle of the page.
- Use the green paint to make a stem for each “rose.” You may want to add a leaf or two to each stem.
- Let dry.
- Use a marker to write a Valentine’s Day message.
- Tape or glue the white paper onto a piece of construction paper to reinforce.
- Deliver to someone special!