Let’s get moving! The cold weather is finally on it’s way out and some long-awaited gorgeous days are floating in. Your birds are brimming with energy and longing to get outdoors. Here is an easy sewing project that the birds can help you with: then, take the finished product outside for some active fun.
- Fabric (enough for a 10″ x 10″ square).
- Fabric or ribbon scraps.
- Sewing machine.
- Plastic sandwich bag.
- Birdseed or rice.
- Cut out a square of fabric (roughly 10″ x 10″).
- Sew long strips of fabric scraps or ribbon around the edges of the square. (Attach as many as desired.)
- Cut a length of ribbon or fabric (about 8″) to serve as a looped handle.
- Fold this length in half and pull ends together.
- Take large fabric square, pattern side up, and sew ends of ribbon or fabric “handle” to middle of square.
- Fill plastic sandwich bag with rice or birdseed.
- Turn fabric square over so non-pattern side is facing up.
- Place plastic bag in the center and gather edges to enclose bag in a pouch.
- Sew pouch closed.
- Take Ribbon Rocket outside to a large space.
- Grab handle loop and swing in a circle.
- Release and watch your Ribbon Rocket soar!