Spring has sprung and nature is atwitter with activity! Now is the time to complete the life cycle conversation you started with your birds last week with the Egg Carton Caterpillar craft. This week’s activity is a good one for dumping out the craft supplies and using whatever delights your little crafters.
- Construction paper.
- Pipe cleaners.
- Googly eyes.
- Craft paint and glitter (optional).
- Cut out a butterfly shape from paper.
- Let little ones be creative in using craft supplies to decorate wings.
- Cut out a head and thorax shape.
- Use pipe cleaners to make two antennae.
- Use tape or glue to affix pieces of butterfly together.
- Glue on googly eyes.
- Paint or color pipe cleaner green.
- Shape pipe cleaner into the shape of a spring.
- Attach butterfly to pipe cleaner. (If you want the pipe cleaner to support the weight of the butterfly, be sure to make a small, lightweight butterfly.)