What gifts can you get for grandparents? So many of us struggle over giving gifts, but finding the right gift for a grandparent is even harder. After all, we usually think they already have everything, and that may be true. However, they still love getting gifts just like the rest of us.
GRAND did a little research and found some great places for grandparent gifts. Check them out and let us know what you think. Of course, the first gift idea suggestion we have for you is a subscription to GRAND Magazine. It makes a super gift!
The Grommet – Not sure what to get Grandma or Grandpa? They claim to have plenty of gift ideas for grandparents from practical picks to nostalgic finds and everything in between.
The Grandparent Gift Company – The Orange Slice is a place where you will find unique gift-giving ideas from the heart, creative ways to add meaning to family celebrations, and inspiring stories and thoughts to make you smile today. New moms and grandmas will love the many ideas written especially for them
DIY – How Does She Check out their unique 25 gift ideas for grandparents. HowDoesShe.com is a site created by women, inspired by women, and dedicated to empowering and embracing motherhood and womanhood.As the site’s founders, we have often marveled at the amazing talents and abilities of women around us, asking, “How does she…?” From balancing children, budgets, jobs, a healthy lifestyle, and implementing creative ideas, we are astounded by what it means to be a woman.
Uncommon Goods is an online marketplace offering creatively designed, high-quality merchandise at affordable prices. At UncommonGoods, they believe that creativity and the expression of individuality represent two great human treasures.
Probably the best gift is to sit down with your grandparents and have some quality time with them. Get them talking about what they did when they were your age, (this includes their kids, not just the grandkids), what was it like, ask about their parents and grandparents, etc. Spending quality time with them is better then buying them something. Oh record it so that later you can listen to it again and/or pass it on to your kids.
If you’re looking for a more basic gift, check out these ideas from Erica Perdue.
- Magazine or newspaper or crossword puzzle subscriptions are great gifts for grandparents who have free time. Whether your grandmother wants to read celebrity gossip or your grandfather wants to read about cars, you can find a magazine to suit their style.
- Personalized calendars are fun gifts. Find 12 photos your grandparents would enjoy and put a calendar together. Any store with a photo center can make a calendar.To add a little extra, pencil in some days you’ll be visiting so they have something to look forward to.
- Sticking to the personalized theme, robes and slippers are comfy and cozy gifts. You can get initials, the first letter of a name or “grandma” and “grandpa” on loungewear.
- For those stereotypical outdoor-loving, gardening fanatic grandparents, garden tools are great. It will give them something to look forward to doing come spring and it’s a great, healthy hobby.
- Lucky enough to have grandparents who love to be crafty in the kitchen? Buy cookware! Whether it’s a bread maker, some new pots and pans or a new electronic mixer, odds are you will benefit from the delicious goods that will be made using your gift.
- For the active and super-social grandparents, a membership to aerobics or other exercise classes could benefit them in many ways. They can get exercise while meeting new friends in the classes.
- A massage pillow is a good gift for grandparents. It can calm grandparents from the stress of all the free baby-sitting, cooking and cleaning they do for their beloved children and grandchildren.