According to the Sinclair Institute, that is a resounding, yes. An active sex life has many health benefits and!
The most common New Year’s resolution is to get healthy or lose weight. Most people give this up by February, because it’s just not much fun. Instead make your resolution to have more sex! You will probably keep it up much longer, because the more you have sex, the more you want sex.
- Sex burns calories. Exactly how many is different to each couple depending on their current weight and how physical the sex is, but research has shown anywhere from 170 to 300 calories per hour. Let’s just take the average of that and assume you are burning 235 calories per hour during sex. If you add just one 30 minute session a week, that’s 6110 extra calories burned a year, or almost two pounds.
- Sex reduces stress. Stress causes some people to over eat or eat less healthy and has been linked to obesity. Any diet will tell you to get your stress under control. Score 2 for sex and weight loss.
- Sex boosts your immune system. Having sex once or twice a week increases antibodies that can help fight off colds and viruses.
- Sex helps you get a good night’s sleep. Now you know why he rolls over and goes to sleep! During orgasm you release oxytocin, which helps promote sleep. Getting enough sleep is important to your overall health including weight loss.
- If you add just one 30 minute session a week, that’s 6,110 extra calories burned a year, or almost two pounds!
The BetterSex® Series is the world’s leading sexual health video series and has helped over 5 million couples break through sexual barriers that so many experience. Watch as twelve real-life couples and some of the world’s leading sex experts take you on an erotic journey to enhanced intimacy and earth-shattering orgasms.
• Learn about open communication and overcome sexual inhibitions
• Learn how to introduce sex toys to add real fun and excitement your play time
• Watch highly explicit demonstrations of real couples overcome their inhibitions
The BetterSex® videos are made to guide, suggest, and absolutely arouse. Watching it together gets couples talking about and trying those things they’ve always wanted to but were perhaps not sure how to discuss it with their partner.