“As women age, looking fresh, rather than made up, is the key. Less is more as women age. The biggest makeup mistake that middle-aged women make is putting on too much under eye concealer.”
BY CHRISTINE CROSBY
You’ve likely heard about Cindy Joseph and her refreshingly simple makeup line, BOOM! By Cindy Joseph. Having tested her products myself, I find them a perfect fit for us grands. Gone are those days when you piled on the makeup. Today’s grandmoms are busier than ever, so keeping our makeup routine simple works for us.
“All our lives, we’ve been told so many things about our skin that just aren’t true,” Cindy explained. “One is that you need many different types of cream: an eye cream for the delicate skin around your eyes, a face cream, and often a heavier cream for your neck. Then there’s lip balm, body cream, foot cream—and don’t forget, you need a night cream! Well, it’s just not true.”
Cindy Joseph’s seven skinsational beauty tips:
1. Cleanse your face in the evening, just before you go to bed. In the morning, just splash water over your face and pat dry.
2. If have you dry areas, lightly apply an organic oil on them each morning.
3. Use pure, non-toxic moisturizer for all areas of your body. No need for different moisturizers (eye cream, face cream, night cream, hand cream, body lotion, etc.).
4. Expose your skin to at least 15 minutes of sunlight every day.
5. Avoid harsh cleanings and peels. A gentle over-the-counter pore cleanser is fine. Better yet, opt for soothing facials.
6. Let your skin exfoliate naturally. Chemical exfoliators speed up your skin’s natural cycle, exposing tender new skin before it is ready. Occasional use of an over-the-counter gentle mask or scrub is fine.
7. Invest in your physical and emotional health. It’s the best skin care you can practice.