By Christine Crosby
We grands know how important motivation is to learning, and today, it seems our grandkids are highly motivated to be on their devices, so thought you’d like to know about this.
Many technologies today personalize the learning experience, and as a result, kids are more confident and actually enjoy mastering new subjects and skills.
Here’s a roundup of 5 apps to help foster a love for learning in children:
- Newsela: Newsela makes reading-to-learn relevant, interesting, and effective regardless of interest or ability. It uses journalism to help students become better readers by collecting news stories and customizes the content based on students reading level. For Apple and Android (Beta).
- Khan Academy: from Kindergarten math to GMAT test prep, the website provides free online materials and resources including practice exercises and instructional videos. For Apple and Android.
- Course Hero: the website and app can help students study more efficiently with access to the biggest and best library of study documents, expert tutors, customizable flashcards, course advice and more. For Apple and Android.
- Kodable: teaches the basics of computer coding to kids. This companion app to the award-winning Kodable Curriculum teaches computer science to elementary students grades K-5. For Apple and Android.
- IXL: students can find comprehensive, standards-aligned content on topics from math through English language arts. Interactive questions and virtual rewards create an engaging learning environment that motivates students to master skills and explore new topics. For Apple and Android.
- Studocu: App offers study material created by over 6 million students from all around the world. Organize your saved documents into your personal Study list. Need help or have a study question? Ask fellow students and course experts for help in Course Groups. For Apple and Android.