Hey Grandparents…Stay Fit!
By Lisa Cini
- Connect: Have friends 20 years older than you and at least 20 years younger. Perspective and energy are valuable hacks for your mind, body, and soul.
- Get your gut checked with a microbiome test and then get supplements according to your needs, this will increase your mental health, reduce your inflammation, wrinkles and help you sleep better.
- Sunlight! And if you stay all day inside or live in a non-sunny area, use blue light therapy – through the ears with the Human Charger or through glasses.
4. Steps… don’t avoid them use them and do it daily. Steps pump the ever-critical lymph through our body and keep our mind and body clear.
5. Get your hearing checked. You are 3 times as likely to fall with poor hearing.
6. Feed your passion – The time is now, develop that hobby, write that book, travel or whatever gets you excited. Living is about keeping that spark inside you lite.
7. Give Back – Happiness is often a matter of perspective. When you give back through volunteering, mentoring or other means, you realign what really matters and become happier.
8. Reduce your sugar. Sugar is horrible for the brain and brain health is critical. Start off small by reducing the amount in coffee, etc. I did this several years ago and now I can’t even drink soda.
For more from Lisa HERE–
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lisa Cini ASID, IIDA, is an award-winning, internationally recognized designer with more than 25 years’ experience developing interiors that improve quality of life for seniors. She has advice for both designers and for those seniors seeking the right kind of independent living facilities for them. Lisa is the author of The Future is Here: Senior Living Reimagined, Hive: The Simple Guide to Multigenerational Living, and BOOM: The Baby Boomers Guide to Leveraging Technology, so that you can Preserve Your Independent Lifestyle & Thrive.